Saturday, March 14, 2009

Captain Beefheart

I have recently discovered music legend Captain Beefheart and all I can say is, "How have I not heard of this person before!!!!!". He has influenced acts from Blondie to The White Stripes and he isn't really known by a lot of people for some reason. All of his music sounds really different....but most of it is experimental in some way. He was a child prodigy and was offered a scholarship to study sculpture in Italy when he was 13....but for some reason his parents forced him to go to the Mohave Desert instead. He's a poet, sculptor, musician, and painter- he also has an incredible vocal range from REALLY low to REALLY high. Apparently he can break glass O.O. Here are some of my favorite songs I could find on youtube! Since all of his music sounds so different, if you don't like one song you may like another...so give it a chance! I personally like them all though- enjoy!








3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh - I love your blog! You have such awesome pictures, not to mention great taste in music! I love everything!

    Cheers,
    Indy

    ReplyDelete